‘Lore’ takes her journey through the TIFF Bell Lightbox
Starting an exclusive run at the TIFF Bell Lightbox this week is the much anticipated follow up to the 2004 film “Somersault” from Australian director Cate Shortland, “Lore”. The gritty and unnerving tale has the children of Nazi Germany set to have face and deal with the influx of allied troops that are swarming into their now crumbling country. The story is grim and dense, but features a heck of a lead performance.
Starring: Saskia Rosendahl, Nele Trebs, André Frid, Mika Seidel, Kai Malina, Nick Holaschke and Ursina Lardi
Written by Cate Shortland and Robin Mukherjee
Directed by Cate Shortland
The year is 1945. After their SS Nazi parents are taken into Allied custody, five German children undertake a harrowing journey that exposes them to the reality and consequences of their parents’ actions.
Continue Reading at Examiner
- Hidden Gem ‘Graceland’ graces the TIFF Bell Lightbox (moviejunkieto.com)
- ‘I Declare War’ prepares to overtake the TIFF Bell Lightbox (moviejunkieto.com)
- TIFF highlights the films of Chris Marker with a mini retrospective (moviejunkieto.com)
- ‘The We and the I’ stop the bus at the TIFF Bell Lightbox this week (moviejunkieto.com)
- The TIFF Bell Lightbox sends ‘Greetings from Tim Buckley’ (moviejunkieto.com)
- TIFF gets ready for its ‘Picture Day’ (Review) (moviejunkieto.com)
- Inside Out Film Festival Mini Reviews (moviejunkieto.com)